Director Operational Risk Management CFO Accounting and Financial Reporting
This position is responsible for providing direction to the business group/corporate functions in developing and maintaining an effective and efficient risk management program in accordance with the company's Operational Risk Management framework. Responsibilities include resolving challenging, sensitive, and/or urgent risk issues. This position requires resourcefulness, good judgment, persistence, the ability to influence others and strong leadership qualities.
- Provides guidance and assistance to Corporate Functions in managing operational risks in accordance with the Company’s ORM framework. This includes ensuring that operational risks are properly identified, assessed, monitored, controlled and reported. For example:
- Defines points of focus for Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSAs), aligns the right resources to complete RCSAs and facilitates insightful risk management conversations
- Applies sound judgment in the evaluation of risks and controls. Effectively challenges adequacy of controls.
- Diligent attention to the development and implementation of effective action plans to address control gaps
- Operational risk management and/or audit experience
- Familiarity with the principles of Basel II, Sarbanes-Oxley and COSO
- Experience working under Federal Reserve Board supervision a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP and Statutory insurance accounting
- Understanding of corporate tax topics
- CPA designation required, MBA preferred
- Big 4 experience strongly desired
- Superior relationship management skills with the ability to partner and build professional relationships in a cross-functional environment
- Proactive, driven professional with the ability to operate effectively from the conceptual stage through to successful implementation
- Uses strong influencing skills with technical risk management expertise to achieve objectives
- Ability to analyze accounting processes and errors to identify opportunities for procedural improvements
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Applies sound judgment in determining when to escalate risk issues
- Adaptability and flexibility to work effectively with a diverse portfolio of people, processes and functions
- Works independently and delivers high quality outputs
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Prudential is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply: Email resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “NABA” in the subject line.