Job Title: Manager, Capital Markets & Treasury Planning
Job Id: 1013692
Target Openings : 1
Locations: United States-New York-New York
Organizational Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That's why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
The Treasury Planning & Capital Markets Group within Pfizer Treasury is responsible for strategic management of the capital structure of the company, debt management, monitoring and taking advantage of capital markets developments, forecasting corporate cash flows for a $45 billion+/year global healthcare company, and supporting the company's external financial reporting. Positions in the Treasury Planning & Capital Markets group provide broad exposure to many of Pfizer's key financial and strategic issues.
This position assists the Senior Director of Treasury Planning & Capital Markets, taking day-today responsibility for managing and maintaining Pfizer Treasury's debt portfolio, liability management, negotiating external and intercompany financing agreements, managing interest income and expense (budget/forecasting) and helping to set the strategy for Pfizer's overall capital structure .
The Manager will also work with Corporate Controllers to ensure proper recording of all debt related transactions and will also be responsible for debt covenant compliance process. Other responsibilities will include the preparation of credit rating agency and lender presentations; preparing and reviewing financial inputs to the company's SEC filings.
Additional projects include valuation of fixed income and equity securities; corporate finance related activities (project valuations, capital structure, executive option valuation); corporate cash flow/interest income and expense forecasts; supporting both Internal and External Audit processes.
This position affords an opportunity to gain exposure to many of the key strategic questions facing Pfizer. The Manager, Treasury Planning & Capital Markets serves as an interface with banks, rating agencies, and maintains relationships with key internal partners including Tax, Controllers, OP&A and Corporate Governance.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of undergraduate degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other business discipline.
- MBA or other advanced degree or CFA designation strongly preferred.
- Investment banking experience preferred, especially training in an analyst program
- 2-3 years of capital markets experience required including liability management..
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Superior analytical skills that will need to be demonstrated during the interview.
- Experience and technical expertise of fixed income and capital markets.
- Knowledge of fixed income valuations and financial engineering required. Familiarity with valuation packages like FINCAD and @Risk a plus.
- Experience with building cash flow and interest income/expense models.
- Strong facility with financial modeling including stochastic techniques desired. Experience and understanding of Monte Carlo based methods preferred.
- Strong GAPP accounting knowledge combined with a working knowledge of FAS133
- Visual Basic or similar Excel based programming skills a plus. Superior Excel skills a must.
- Strong communication skills.
- Functional use of Bloomberg system is required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
For inquiries, please contact Richard Treacy at Richard.Treacy@pfizer.com.
To apply for this position, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.