Federal Tax Manager – New York City
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, Mennen, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Tom’s of Maine, Ajax, Fabuloso, and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
This role encompasses all aspects of federal tax including tax accounting, compliance, planning and special projects. The individual would work with finance and tax team to ensure seamless, timely, efficient, and accurate tax reporting and compliance. The candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of tax reporting under ASC 740 as well as domestic tax compliance experience.
- Prepare current and deferred income tax provision.
- Review, analyze and document complex transactions recorded in tax balance sheet accounts
- Perform balance sheet test for deferred tax asset and liabilities
- Review annual tax footnote disclosure in accordance with SEC filing requirements
- Liaise with external auditors and lead tax team to explain and support tax provision and transactions in tax balance sheet
- Perform research under ASC 740 and effectively communicate conclusions
Federal Tax Compliance
- Prepare and/or review quarterly estimates, tax return calculations and tax forms for select domestic entities
- Consolidate domestic cash tax expense for estimates and tax return and lead tax team to analyze return to provision differences and explain significant variances
- Review consolidated tax return filing for intercompany eliminations and proper form presentation
- Perform research, analysis, and planning on federal tax issues and make recommendation regarding application of tax laws to the company.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree; Master’s in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- At least 8-10 years of experience in tax accounting and tax compliance; preferred candidate will have minimum of 4 years of Public Accounting experience
- CPA license, preferred
- In-depth knowledge of tax reporting under ASC 740
- Ability to identify tax issues and conduct research
- Must be highly motivated and demonstrate leadership experience in effectively managing people, working with teams on cross-functional projects and multitasking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate proficient use of tax software and have good excel skills
- Readiness to travel 10% travel annually as needed