Excellence Community Schools (ECS)
Chief Financial Officer (Network)
WHO WE ARE: EXCELENCE COMMUNITY SCHOOLS (ECS) is an emerging Charter Management Organization (CMO)supporting schools in the Bronx, NY and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School.
OUR MISSION AND VISON: Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of all students. We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skill in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers.
WHO WE NEED: ECS is currently recruiting educators and administrators for our schools, as well as central network personnel to support our mission. We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records o achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves success. Applicants must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as critical component of success.
- Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of previous professional experience
- Previous charter school management experience preferred
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
- Collaborates with leadership for the continuous evaluation of the organization's multi-year financial model, and short-term and long-term strategic financial objectives to support network growth
- Develop, manage, and monitor: Budgets; government contracts; revenue sources; bonding and leasing acquisitions; government and vendor contracts; fiscal policies, procedures, and controls; annual audits, IRS filings, and other financial reporting.
- Support the network in codifying fiscal systems, policies, and practices for smooth replication and compliance
- Operating as a member of cross-functional teams on a variety of network initiatives
- Generating and overseeing appropriate allocation of local, state, federal, and in-kind revenue streams
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of charter school finance, public revenue streams, grant opportunities, and philanthropic support
- Ensure a timely and accurate financial reporting model, which includes close monitoring throughout the fiscal year with balance sheets, income statements, budget to actual comparisons, and cash flow statements
- Identify and mitigate key elements of the organization’s risk profile
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Maintains a high level of integrity, sturdy work ethic, and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Manages a team of finance staff
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, 403b available
- Office suite based in Harlem, convenient to local amenities and public transportation